The Project FearleSS is coming together well as several parts are being tended to simultaneously. While the bodywork gets done, the rolling chassis was torn apart and sent out to get sandblasted and powder coated. We took advantage of the situation and made some calls so we could add tubular suspension. For better stopping power, we used CPP brakes on the Currie rear end.

By building the frame separately, we were able to save time and get our build done on a faster schedule. One key advantage of doing it this way means you can assemble the frame without any obstacles. Once the rolling chassis is assembled, it will be easier to install it onto the body.

In this issue, we look at how Big Luis from the House of Pain assembles the freshly powder coated frame on Project “FearleSS.” The 1968 frame received Ride Tech’s tubular suspension and CPP braking power and steering components. Another upgrade to the suspension came in the form of a Currie Enterprises rear end.

<strong>1</strong>. The freshly powder-coated frame was ready to be assembled.<strong>2</strong>. The rear trailing arms were the first part of the frame that was dealt with.<strong>3</strong>. With the lower control arms installed, Luis and his crew were allowed to align the Currie rear end.<strong>4</strong>. Once the arms were in, they were tightened down to specs.<strong>5</strong>. The upper adjustable trailing arms went on.<strong>6</strong>. When ordering your kit, you need to know if it is a 2-arm kit or if it is a single. Since this was a Super Sport, it came with an additional arm for better traction.<strong>7</strong>. With the protective powder coating applied on thick, the excess had to be removed to allow the bolts to slip in properly.<strong>8</strong>. Having adjustment on your pan hard bar will help you keep your axle centered.<strong>9</strong>. When it was time to <strong>10</strong>. The classic tube brake line was put in place with ease.<strong>11</strong>. The rear part of the suspension was attached without a problem and we were now ready to take on the front suspension.<strong>12</strong>. The only things that needed to be installed on the A-arms were the ball joints that needed to be bolted on.<strong>13</strong>. The only real modification came in the form of these three holes that needed to be drilled out.<strong>14</strong>. Luis marked the frame and started to drill out the frame.<strong>15</strong>. The spindles were pre-assembled so they just needed to be bolted on.<strong>16</strong>. With most of the spindle assembled, it will easily attach to the A-arm.<strong>17</strong>. The spindle was ready for the CPP rotors and brakes.<strong>18</strong>. We made sure that the rotors were packed and lubed.<strong>19</strong>. With the rotor bearings lubed and the calipers loaded with brake pads, they were bolted on.<strong>20</strong>. Depending on your vehicle, there are a few pieces that can be reused, for example, the center link.<strong>21</strong>. We also recycled the pitman arm off the gearbox and had it coated to protect it from rust.<strong>22</strong>. CPP's front tie rods were a good quality addition and were perfect for our '68 chassis.<strong>23</strong>. The CPP billet tie rod centers and tie rods went on without a problem.<strong>24</strong>. The steel braided hoses were secured and ready to be bled.<strong>25</strong>. The stock transmission cross member will need to be replaced with a CPP 700R cross member that will mount the new transmission without any modifying to the frame.<strong>26</strong>. This frame was ready to be put back on the car.<strong>27</strong>. The complete powder coating will help withstand the wear and tear from the road.<strong>28</strong>. With tubular suspension and disc brakes, this '68 will handle like a modern car.<strong>29</strong>. The Currie rear end will out perform any rear end while on the highway or the city streets.<strong>30</strong>. The body bushings were bolted onto the frame and left ready for when it would be attached back to the body.<strong>31</strong>. To protect the frame from overspray, it was wrapped with shrink-wrap and will be bolted up with it fully covered, as you can see.