Get your classic cruiser into gear with a full line of show-quality accessories such as transmission shifters, stainless steel braided trans and engine dipsticks, LED indicator displays, and even custom oval-shaped taillights from Lokar Performance Products! You can add even more class to your classic with a billet aluminum dash insert and matching interior accessories, all polished to a head-turning shine.
When it’s time to step on the gas, Lokar has you covered with throttle assemblies, pedals, and pedal pads that all work together for a custom look that’s light years ahead of stock equipment! For over two decades Lokar has manufactured products of the highest quality, exceeding industry standards, raising the bar for quality products and leading the way for better automotive aftermarket accessories to complement and customize your beauty. Lokar products are built in the USA with quality and timeless style like the select accessories we have shown here.
1. Award-winning billet aluminum oval LED taillights for that modern custom look. These custom oval-shaped LED lenses have added features such as:
- Chrome plated or black powdercoating for the ultimate shine and easy detailing
- CNC machined from 6061-T6 billet aluminum
- Bright LED lights for safety and function
- Integrated design with three functions: tail, turn, and brakes
- Extremely bright LEDs, generate virtually no heat, use little power and have long life
- Fully assembled for easy installation
- Detailed instructions with color-coded wiring for easy installation
- Oval style with a smooth recessed lens and internal prism
- Stainless hardware and zinc-plated mounting brackets
- Low-profile design
- 1 and 1/4 -inch total thickness
- Requires a mere 1 and 1/2 inches behind body panel for mounting
- Protrudes less than 3/16-inch from outside of body panel
- Offered in two sizes
- Standard: Outer bezel measures 2 and 3/4×5 and 1/2 inches
- XL: Outer bezel measures 3×6 and 1/2 inches
2. Horizontal aluminum LED dash transmission indicator bezel. Lokar LED dash indicators will tell you what gear your transmission is in with ease. They are made from billet aluminum and will give your bomb truck, car, traditional, or full custom that car-show look. Available in horizontal or vertical mount versions, Lokar LED dash indicators can be purchased with or without the sensor kit. A sensor kit is required for operation, however. All Lokar products are made in the USA and carry a lifetime warranty. Applicable for 700-R4 / 200-4R / 4L60 / 4L60E / 4L80E transmissions. #CIND-1702.
3. Hi-tech Lokar steel braided throttle cable comes 24 inches long and fits 1985-’91 LT1 and LT4 tuned port engines. This accessory is the perfect solution for your throttle cable needs. They are available in stainless steel braided housings, black stainless steel braided housings, or black polyethylene housings. They are designed with a specially extruded liner for the extended life of the cable, not to be confused with ordinary braided brake hose. The cables are equipped with aluminum fittings and aluminum ferrules to eliminate fraying and feature a “U-Cut-To-Fit” outer housing with a “U-Cut-To-Fit” stainless inner wire. The clevises are designed without cotter pins or set screws and adapt to factory and aftermarket pedals for an easy installation. Each cable comes with installation instructions. Add that extra touch to your ride with Lokar hi-tech throttle cables! #TC-1000TP.
4. This control module shift indicator comes in billet aluminum and fits the GM TH350 / TH400R4 / 4L60 transmissions. These Lokar indicator control modules are designed to control the LED indicator display. They are made of billet aluminum and include all necessary mounting hardware. They are available for a dash mount or shifter boot mount, and the LED display is sold separately. #CINS-1797.
5. Lokar billet gas pedal fits the Tri Five (’55/’56/’57) Chevys. The billet throttle pedal assembly comes with billet aluminum throttle pedal and brushed firewall mounts. Lokar’s billet aluminum gas pedal assemblies are ball-milled and spring-loaded like the OEM design. Their removable lower arm is splined for versatility in mounting them to the right or left of the mounting bracket. The upper arm is a one-piece design, and the shaft and arm are one piece, requiring no pins. #BAG-6073.
6. Anchor-tight locking transmission dipstick and trans mount for 700-R4 transmissions. Lokar’s anchor-tight locking transmission dipsticks match right up with other Lokar accessories. They feature a locking mechanism that eliminates the expulsion of the dipstick handle under transmission pressure. #1211234. All Lokar products are made in the USA and carry a lifetime warranty.
Monthly Tech Tip
By Axalta Coatings Systems
The Satin Finish Look
The December issue of Lowrider brings us yet another valuable monthly paint tip brought to you by the experts at Axalta Coating Systems. For all you painters concerned on how to get that satin or eggshell clear finish look, Axalta has the right product additive for you. This semi-gloss, low VOC matting agent product is known as 2361S and is compliant where clearcoat limits are 2.1 VOC. It can be used anywhere in the U.S. and is designed for use in Cromax; 2.1 VOC collision clears to reduce gloss. All you have to do is just intermix this product with our compliant clearcoats LE 5100, LE 5400, and LE 8300S. This product will satisfy anyone who uses a spray gun, so what are you waiting for? Get out there and get your hands on some 2361S matting agent.
For more technical advice please feel free to contact Axalta’s product specialist Steven Chaparro at firstname.lastname@example.org.