We’ve all seen it and you know what I’m talking about. You know, the guy who has an LS transplant that’s about an inch or two short of resting the car on its frame. Well sometime ago that might’ve been understandable (and acceptable), but fast forward to present day and there’s no excuse not to—especially with the creation of Holley’s new LS Retrofit engine oil pans.
As the GM LS platform continues to grow in popularity it should come as no surprise. These motors are quite easy to come by, demonstrate great power, are very durable, and can be extracted from wrecked vehicles cheaply and easily. Unfortunately, the one downfall of factory LS engines is the massive oil pan that hangs far too low for those looking for a ground-hugging stance.
Now thanks to Holley, these new oil pans are designed to provide maximum clearance between the chassis and ground, and included with this gem is a factory OE fitment for durability and proper sealing. Holley low-profile oil pans are engineered to fit most 1955-1987 GM muscle cars, classic cars, and trucks, but please keep in mind that this product will NOT work on G-body applications.
When compared to a stock LS oil pan, the Holley replacement unit measures in a 5.463 inches tall whereas some LS oil pans measure in at an astonishing 8 feet 5 inches in height. To be honest, this is the one necessary mod that is essential to not only protect your investment, but to keep it looking as low slung as possible, so go on and lay some frame by simply changing your oil pan.
Oil Pan Kit Includes:
- Sump Baffle
- Pump Pickup Tube
- Sump Plug
- Oil Filter Stud
- Oil Passage Cover
- Provides OEM fitment: OEM oil filter mounting, OEM oil cooler port provision, OEM engine NVH suppression, OEM flange gasket and sealing, proper structural rigidity, and OEM bell housing attachments
- Traditional high-quality cast aluminum appearance with clean exterior styling
- Provides maximum clearance to chassis
- Cast and machined aluminum
- Complete kit, including sump baffle, pick-up tube, sump plug, oil filter stud, and oil passage cover
- Fits GM rear-wheel drive applications that were originally equipped with a small- or big-block Chevy engine and traditional rear sump oil pan*
- Maximum crankshaft stroke = 4.25 inches
- Maximum crankshaft stroke = 4.25 inches / Sump Oil Capacity – 5.5 quarts
- Total oil capacity with stock oil filter – 6 quarts oil filter (AC Delco PF48 or PF48E, Mobile M1-113, Wix 57060, K&N HP-1017, or equivalent)
- Requires use of LS3 dipstick (GM PN 12669528) and tube (GM PN 12625031)
- *Engine location may need to be adjusted (up/down or fore/aft) for crossmember or steering linkage clearance depending on the vehicle, steering configuration, and chassis type